Sunday, September 29, 2013

Bellatrix 7 - Bellatrix vs SHIMMER

A week from tonight we will see one of the biggest European all female wrestling shows of 2013.  SHIMMER invades the Bellatrix ring to find out which brand has the superior talent.  Five SHIMMER women were invited across the pond for Bellatrix 7.  Cheerleader Melissa, Lufisto, Christina Von Eerie, Mercedes Martinez, and Courtney Rush were the fabulous five to show England what SHIMMER is all about with the latter two defending their titles, the NCW: Femmes Fatales International Championship and the the Bellatrix World Championship respectively.  Here were matches announced with the last being an all Bellatrix affair:
  • Bellatrix World Championship Match - Courtney Rush (c) vs. Liberty
  • NCW: Femmes Fatales International Championship Match - Mercedes Martinez (c) vs. Miss Mina
  • Christina Von Eerie vs. Skarlett
  • Lufisto vs. Destiny
  • Cheerleader Melissa vs. Sweet Saraya Knight
  • Bellatrix British Championship Match: Erin Angel (c) vs. Sammi Baynz
 At this point, I was predicting Bellatrix to go 3-2 over SHIMMER.  I was thinking Knight and Skarlett taking the win for sure and Liberty and Destiny being my toss ups, and Mina taking a loss.  If I were the booker, I would be inclined to put my own brand over the guests since it is in front of my crowd.  Then the news of Courtney's injury came out indicating that she would have to withdraw from the show.  Now, this is what the card looks like.
  • NCW: Femmes Fatales International Championship Match - Mercedes Martinez (c) vs. Miss Mina
  • Christina Von Eerie vs. Skarlett
  • Lufisto vs. Destiny
  • Cheerleader Melissa vs. Sweet Saraya Knight
  • Bellatrix European Championship Match - Liberty (c) vs. Sammi Baynz
  • Bellatrix British Championship Match: Erin Angel (c) vs. Penelope
 Now, that there are only 4 Bellatrix vs. SHIMMER matches, I'm not convinced that Bellatrix will go 3-1 over SHIMMER, so I'm thinking they'll split 2-2.  Here are my predictions for the Bellatrix vs. SHIMMER matches.

NCW: Femmes Fatales Championship Match - Mercedes Martinez (c) vs. Miss Mina
Miss Mina is one of my favorite women on the Bellatrix roster.  I find her incredibly fascinating and would love to see her wrestle in North America. I think the Nordic Valkyrie is really talented and I think she would fit in well over here.  However, I don't anticipate this match going her way.  Given that Mina hasn't ever wrestled for NCW: Femmes Fatales, I don't see her winning the strap unless Mercedes is needing to drop it (a la how Courtney won the Bellatrix title and how the Queens of Winning dropped the SHIMMER tag belts).  Prediction: Mercedes Martinez retains title

Christina Von Eerie vs. Skarlett
These two both have the punk rock/goth type gimmick going on and both are no non-sense once the bell rings.  Von Eerie is one of the crowd favorites in SHIMMER, but not one of the top athletes.  Skarlett, on the other hand, seems to be one of the women that is highlighted in Bellatrix.  Regardless of who gets the pin for this match, it should be an entertaining bout.  Prediction: Skarlett

Lufisto vs. Destiny
As soon as Lufisto was announced for Bellatrix 7, Destiny is who I wanted her to face.  Destiny is one of the heavy hitters in Bellatrix and out of all of the women SHIMMER is sending over, Lufisto and Mercedes are the only two that I think could believably put up a good fight.  Given the size disadvantage, I think Lufisto will have her hands full, but I still think she will get the pin. Prediction: Lufisto

Cheerleader Melissa vs. Sweet Saraya Knight
Even with three title matches on the 6 match card, I would expect this to be the main event.   The history between these two is undeniable.  The rivalry was re-kindled in SHIMMER when Knight set her sights on the SHIMMER Championship and won the title from Melissa.  Melissa got her revenge in a steel cage reclaiming the gold with the crowd firmly in her corner.  Now that they are meeting in Knight's home terf, I anticipate that Melissa will not have the favor of the crowd and I expect the Bellatrix matriarch to take the win.  Prediction: Sweet Saraya Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment